We are grateful for your support! UACC is a small, mostly volunteer, organization that depends on the financial support of individuals and groups who believe in our work. You can make a contribution to UACC through our partner organization, City Schoolyard Garden.
You can make an online donation through City Schoolyard Garden by clicking the button below.
To donate by checK...
Checks MUST be made payable to City Schoolyard Garden with UACC in the memo line.
This is very important, otherwise we’ll have to send your check back to you!
We hope you’ll include a note to tell us who you are and how you found out about us.
Our mailing address:
PO Box 5282 Charlottesville, VA 22905
Your donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law
Making your donation count
Thank you for considering UACC as part of your local philanthropy. Choosing to make a major gift to a local non-profit can be a tough decision, especially when there are so many good local organizations worthy of support. Our goal is to provide donors and potential donors with as much information as they need to make an informed decision. We hope the list below gives you a better idea of how UACC can put generous financial gifts to work right here in Charlottesville. If you would like more information, we are happy to provide detailed line-item budgets and end-of-year financial reports upon request. UACC takes pride in being frugal and responsible with the financial gifts we receive, and we want our donors to know exactly how we spend every penny.
A gift of...
ALLOWS UACC TO...
- Purchase some of the vegetable seeds we'll grow during the season.
- Put fuel in the truck and our walk-behind tractor.
- Buy more hand tools and gloves for volunteers.
$25 to $100
$100 to $500
- Print flyers for neighborhood outreach.
- Purchase more vegetable seeds.
- Replace broken wheelbarrows.
- Fix worn out parts of our irrigation system and fix other equipment.
- Purchase all of the vegetable seeds for the year.
- Apply mineral amendments and compost to balance soil nutrients.
- Sow cover crops throughout the summer and into the fall.
- Keep our old truck and trailer running and in safe condition.
$500 to $1,000
- Pay for a year of utility bills at our headquarters at 405 Avon Street.
- Make a year's worth of potting soil mix for starting seedlings.
$1,000 to $5,000
- Enroll UACC board members into local board development classes.
- Build new infrastructure like a hoop house or a greenhouse.
- Do major repairs on our old truck (or maybe find a replacement!).
$5,000 to $10,000
- Cover material costs for one year of crop production and distribution.
- Make major infrastructure improvements, like powering our irrigation system with solar panels.
$10,000 to $20,000
- Pay our full-time and part-time staff a living wage.
$20,000 to $50,000
- Invest in a long-term endowment.
- Start more gardens and serve more neighborhoods.
- Develop an income-generating enterprise that creates local jobs and improves the long-term financial sustainability of UACC.
$50,000 or more
We welcome your questions and thoughts, and we would love to get to know you better. Our organization thrives because of the relationships we have worked hard to build and maintain. Contact us if you would like to meet anyone on the team. We all share an enthusiasm for the UACC mission, and we hope you will consider becoming a part of the UACC family!
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT!